Terms And Conditions
- The referrer will relate to the person referring a friend.
- The referee will be the new vendor, having been referred by the referrer.
Program Participation & Eligibility
- To make a referral, you must provide us with a valid email address.
- To be eligible for rewards, the referee must provide us with their name and a valid email address before making a “valid purchase” which is the sign up and account activation within the online portal, followed by the property valuation, instruction, completion and payment of the sale with Mackenzie Smith.
- You cannot refer yourself.
- Employees of Mackenzie Smith and their immediate families are not eligible for the Mackenzie Smith Refer A Friend program, they cannot refer or be referred.
- You may not accept more than one referral offer as part of the Mackenzie Smith Refer A Friend program. If you receive multiple offers, a reward will be awarded to the referrer whose referral you accepted in the Mackenzie Smith Refer A Friend program.
- You must use the Mackenzie Smith Refer A Friend program to make referrals. Referrals made by other means (such as through customer service or other means of communication such as email or at a retail location) may not be eligible for offers and/or rewards.
- You may not use false names, invite fake people, use multiple email address or accounts, impersonate another person, or provide false information. Fraudulent or unethical means of communication such as using bots, fictitious identities, fake emails, or scripts is also prohibited and will result in actions by us with respect to terminating your account and participation in the Mackenzie Smith Refer A Friend program.
- Mackenzie Smith Properties Ltd reserves the right to void any rewards based on the following: (1) ineligibility of any program participant, (2) fraudulent activity or, (3) if Mackenzie Smith Properties Ltd, in its sole discretion, finds that you have violated any of the program terms & conditions.
- If the referee has instructed another agent on a sole agency and/or sole selling rights basis, the terms of those instructions must be considered to avoid a possible liability to pay two commissions.
- To receive the rewards, a Mackenzie Smith board must be used to promote the sale position of your home.
- The Mackenzie Smith Refer A Friend program cannot be used for any previous sales.
- Referrals cannot be post-dated, as such the referral must take place prior to a Mackenzie Smith valuation and the introduction of the sales process.
- You must be over 18 to participate with the Mackenzie Smith Refer A Friend program.
- Mackenzie Smith Properties Ltd must be able to communicate with you using the email address you provided to participate in the Mackenzie Smith Refer A Friend program and you agree that we can send information to you. You will not be able to participate in the program if you unsubscribe or otherwise opt out of receiving emails from Mackenzie Smith Refer A Friend or we will be unable to communicate with you by email.
- It is strictly prohibited to send spam or unsolicited emails to people that you do not personally know to collect referrals.
- When you are communicating through a digital referral channel (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, your referral link, or email) you must not knowingly send a message to a friend who has indicated that they are not willing to accept such communications from you.
Offers & Rewards
- Offers and/or rewards have no monetary value. They are non-transferable, non-assignable, and cannot be redeemed for cash or credit. If the Mackenzie Smith Refer A Friend program is terminated for any reason, or if your account with us or relationship with us is terminated for any reason, then your unused offers and/or rewards will be voided.
- We may, in our sole discretion, introduce promotional offers that enable participants to earn additional value for the completion of actions specified in the Mackenzie Smith Refer A Friend program during the promotional period. We are not responsible for changes to, or the discontinuance of, any promotion or for any effect on the accrual of rewards caused by changes or discontinuance to any promotion.
- All offers and/or rewards are subject to verification for compliance with Mackenzie Smith Refer A Friend program terms & conditions. We may withhold or not grant offers and/or rewards if we find that you have obtained offers and/or rewards in an illegal, fraudulent, or unethical manner, or if we feel that granting offers and/or rewards and allowing you to redeem them will expose us to any liability or the possibility of any legal damages.
- We reserve the right to not to honor offers and/or rewards or disqualify anyone from the Mackenzie Smith Refer A Friend program if we feel, in our sole discretion, that fraudulent behavior or other unethical conduct has occurred in any way that compromises the fairness of the program in any way.
- We reserves the right to limit or cancel your Mackenzie Smith Refer A Friend account and offers and/or rewards at any time if you have violated these program terms & conditions.
- These program terms & conditions apply to the Mackenzie Smith Refer A Friend program. By participating in the Mackenzie Smith Refer A Friend program, you are agreeing to these program terms & conditions. If you do not agree to these program terms & conditions, do not participate in the Mackenzie Smith Refer A Friend Program, and do not refer any friends to us.
- By participating in the Mackenzie Smith Refer A Friend program, you agree to release and hold harmless us and RewardStream Solutions Inc., as the operator of the Mackenzie Smith Refer A Friend program and their affiliates and subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, consultants, and agents, and any other entity associated with marketing the Mackenzie Smith Refer A Friend program (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all claims or damages arising out of or in connection with the Mackenzie Smith Refer A Friend program.
- By participating in the Mackenzie Smith Refer A Friend program, you further agree that the program and rewards are provided “as is where is”. There are no representations or warranties including, but not limited to, statutory warranties and conditions, warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, third parties rights and non-infringement of proprietary rights. In no event will either party be liable to the other for any consequential, incidental, or special damages, including any lost profits or lost savings, even if one party has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or for any claim by any third party.
- We assume no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged and/or misdirected referrals or communications as a result of any failure of the website such as the technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, and/or software.
- Participation in the Mackenzie Smith Refer A Friend program is prohibited where void by applicable law or regulation.
- By participating in the Mackenzie Smith Refer A Friend program, you are responsible for any and all tax liabilities associated with the program.
- We reserve the right to change the terms & conditions of the Mackenzie Smith Refer A Friend program at any time, without notice, at our sole discretion.
- We reserve the right to cancel or suspend the Mackenzie Smith Refer A Friend program at any time, without notice, and without obligation to honor any offers and/or rewards should we determine, in our sole discretion, that the administration, security, or fairness of the Mackenzie Smith Refer A Friend program has been compromised in any way.